Mindfulness involves paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally. This practice allows you to “be here now” and keep your mind and body in the same place.
Meditation and Medicine come from the Latin word Mederi, “to care for”. Meditation practice involves body-mind-spirit stillness, slowing down, “being” vs. “doing”, and being present and in touch with yourself. Interestingly, in the Eastern world, physical and emotional issues are treated with MediTation vs. MediCation. These practices have a positive impact on your personal and professional life. (Clients have even reported improved golf scores!!) Interesting and enjoyable styles of Meditation include sitting, standing, walking, smiling, laughing, counting breaths, counting mala beads or repeating mantras.
Mindfulness & Meditation allow you to:
- Rewire your brain and improve brain function
- Stimulate your mind-body relaxation response, reduce stress, allow renewal
- Be more aware and alert during your daily and routine experiences
- Boost your immune system, emotional regulation, self-control, overall health
- Deal with stress, pain, insomnia, anxiety, depression , PTSD